The Trust as a Sponsor
Our role will be to ensure there is an unremitting focus on improvement in our schools, through our leadership, support and challenge role. We will focus on every pupil being able to achieve their aims and through that, have highly performing schools that are proud of their achievements and have the capacity to continue to improve.
- Where necessary, we will transform the leadership and governance arrangements in our schools, ensuring that staff have access to high quality support, advice and challenge with a focus on school improvement, including discipline and behaviour for learning. Our focus as sponsor will be on the value we add to individual schools, backed by our strength in being able to utilise data and other information to ensure that our resources are targeted (for example on work with under performing groups) to where they can make the most impact.
- We will work with our schools to maximise the use of new technology to develop and sustain a stimulating curriculum and learning environment in school and beyond that supports both teachers and learners 24/7, and establish effective professional networks across all the Trust’s schools.
- A benefit of working with a number of schools across the age range is the potential to highlight and share excellent practice through professional collaboration and we see one of our key roles as being the provision of mechanisms to enable this to happen in an easy and cost effective way.
- We will support our school leaders through the provision of high quality advice and well-targeted staff CPD while ensuring value for money in the provision of services, maximising the funds available for teaching and learning.
Should a decision be made to seek academy status, our team is ready to support both the initial process of moving to academy status and provide the sponsorship of the establishments once approval is given. This includes:
- Support in the consultation process and helping with the engagement of stakeholders by sharing with them the Trust’s aims and vision
- Support in all the human resource, legal, financial and property areas that are impacted upon in the transfer process
- Maintain close working relationships with Local Authorities to ensure that the development of the trust aligns with any other local developments.
- Maintain/establish local governance arrangements for the trust schools that support local delivery and help us to meet our obligations as employer to the staff and leaders of all schools within the trust.
This will be achieved by ensuring:
- The establishment of a calm and purposeful learning environment where staff and pupils are valued and proud of their achievements, and where those achievements are owned and shared by parents, carers and the community
- Effective and appropriate use of new technologies for staff and pupils to support learning both in the classroom and elsewhere – including links with mainstream schools where this is beneficial
- Community ‘ownership’ of our Academies and schools and that they are seen as the schools of choice by their communities
- Strong and sustained links with further and higher education
The Trust's legal advisers are Browne Jacobson. The commercial team at Browne Jacobson are able to provide a wide range of services to assist with the legal and procedural aspects of running a business from the formation of a new company to reorganising and restructuring an existing business. The combined experience of the team means that they are perfectly placed to assist schools in their conversion to academy status with Vision Multi Academy Trust.